Submit by section
During the submission process for Microbiome, we ask that authors submit their manuscript to a specified section as outlined below. This is to facilitate assessment and review of submitted manuscripts. The sections are headed by an Editor-in-Chief or Senior Editor, specializing in that subject.
1. Gut microbiomes and Immunology
2. Genital, skin, oral microbiomes
3. Respiratory microbiomes
4. Other human microbiomes
7. Novel Methodological approaches (including meta-omics)
5. Bioinformatics: algorithms and software
6. Animal microbiomes
7. Plant microbiomes
7. Environmental microbiomes
8. Built-environment microbiomes
Our 3-step submission process
Before you submit
Now you’ve identified a journal to submit to, there are a few things you should be familiar with before you submit.
Ready to submit
To give your manuscript the best chance of publication, follow these policies and formatting guidelines.
Microbiome publishes the following article types:
Click the relevant link to find style and formatting information for the article you are going to submit.
- General formatting rules for all article types - Preparing your manuscript
- Make sure your submission is complete - Prepare supporting information
- Copyright and license agreement - Conditions of publication
- Read and agree to our Editorial Policies - Editorial policies
Submit and promote
After acceptance, we provide support so your article gains maximum impact in the scientific community and beyond.
Please note that manuscript can only be submitted by an author of the manuscript and may not be submitted by a third party.
Annual Journal Metrics
62 days from submission to first decision
122 days from submission to final decision
19 days from acceptance to publication (includes copyediting)