Aims and scope
Topics broadly addressing the study of microbial communities, such as, microbial surveys, bioinformatics, meta-omics approaches and community/host interaction modeling will be considered for publication. Through this collection of literature Microbiome hopes to integrate researchers with common scientific objectives across a broad cross-section of sub-disciplines within microbial ecology.
When submitting a manuscript to Microbiome, we ask that authors select a specified section to submit to as outlined below. This is to facilitate the manuscript assessment and review process.
1. Gut microbiomes and Immunology
2. Genital, skin, oral microbiomes
3. Respiratory microbiomes
4. Other human microbiomes
7. Novel Methodological approaches (including meta-omics)
5. Bioinformatics: algorithms and software
6. Animal microbiomes
7. Plant microbiomes
7. Environmental microbiomes
8. Built-environment microbiomes