Skip to main content
Fig. 3 | Microbiome

Fig. 3

From: Coexistence patterns of soil methanogens are closely tied to methane generation and community assembly in rice paddies

Fig. 3

Potential keystone taxa for CH4 emissions. a Contribution of five groups of methanogenic communities to CH4 emissions based on random forest regression model. Five groups were classified based on the frequency of co-occurrence relationships between pairwise OTUs (A.endemic, always endemic group; C.endemic, conditionally endemic group; Moderate, moderate group; C.common, conditionally common group; A.common, always common group). b Biomarker taxa for CH4 emissions. The top 19 genera were identified by applying random forest classification of the relative abundance. Biomarker taxa are ranked in descending order of importance to the accuracy of the model. The inset represents tenfold cross-validation error as a function of the number of input genera used to differentiate microbiota in order of variable importance. Among the 19 genera, 7 genera contain the keystone OTUs (33 OTUs involved in C.common and A.common) and account for 47% of total microbial production of CH4 emissions; the other 12 genera account for 53%. c Functional co-occurrence network of 33 keystone OTUs and functional genes involved in CH4 generation. d Linear regression analysis of the connections between genes and species with CH4 emissions. Blue shaded area indicates 95% confidence interval (Spearman’s P < 0.05)

Back to article page
\